- This event has passed.
What if it’s all about Taking Out the Slack?
July 29 @ 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM CDT
Modern Arnis without canes? Yup! This class offers a short form, Empty-Hand Anyo 1, to explore how this art seizes the advantage when someone comes close enough to land a strike. They just might end up locked and contained! Learn Trapping Hands and which entry points go with which joint locks so you can apply these applications to your own forms.
Participants will be able to
- Utilize Trapping Hands as a fast response to gain grip on partner
- Perform EH Anyo #1
- Take the slack out of the opponent’s limb to find the joint lock
- Execute a cool throw against an overhead strike
Wear: Loose-fitting clothing
- Appropriate For:
- All Ages, All Genders
- Intermediate Experience, Advanced Experience
- Mild Exertion
- Wentz Science Center – Stevenson Hall
Please be courteous to those who are masked by offering to mask when working with them in class or in other venues.
All class times are Central Daylight Time.
If you are in another time zone, here is a handy time zone converter.