Become a Member
All women, transgender or non-binary, may join regardless of lifestyle, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, class, age, or physical condition.
Martial Arts, Self-Defense, and Healing Arts practitioners from all over the world have unparalleled opportunities for training, mentorship, and support as part of our community.
Whether you are a white belt or a grandmaster, a student of mindfulness or a yogi, a self-defense enthusiast or a seasoned instructor, you belong here!
Sustaining Memberships now available!
Learn more about sustaining memberships
Become an Ally
Becoming an Ally is an ideal way for cis- or trans-men, or anyone else for that matter, to show their support for our community and programming.
Allies can provide a membership or conference opportunity for someone who might not otherwise be able to join or attend, make a donation in honor of a practitioner, or support NWMAF in general.
Become an Ally today!Donate
- Free monthly online training webinars, giving you access to leading practitioners in martial arts, healing arts, and self-defense, from the comfort of your home or school
- A private member directory, connecting you to our community’s practitioners across the globe
- Members-only Facebook group, where you can get immediate help, support, and encouragement for your own personal practice or your school or business
- Mentorship opportunities for both aspiring and advanced instructors and business owners
- Empowerment Self-Defense Instructor certification, credentialing your instruction through the originators of the Empowerment Self-Defense movement
- Discounted tuition for our annual NWMAF Conference, including skills classes in all three “pillars” of our organization–martial arts, healing arts, and self-defense, opportunities for networking, martial demonstration/performance, a business and service expo, and professional photography to help promote yourself or your business
Introducing Sustaining Memberships!
Become a sustaining member and we’ll send you some exclusive thank-you gifts to show our appreciation.
These special items will not be available in the NWMAF store.
The NWMAF prohibits discrimination, abuse of any kind, harassment, sexual harassment, bullying, and retaliation by or against its members, NWMAF event trainers, Board members, allies, NWMAF guests, event staff, and volunteers. Members shall be mindful and responsible regarding any role they may hold as an authority figure and/or leader. Code of Conduct.