We recognize and honors women, transgender or non-binary, martial artists who have distinguished themselves in their practice and in their community. Send us an email to nominate someone! Award nominations are due January 31 each year.
Award of Excellence
For those possessing technical expertise, a remarkable teaching career, inspirational leadership, and meaningful contributions to the community.
- At least 30 years of martial arts experience
- Actively teaching and training
- Contribution to the culture of the integrity of women in the martial arts
- Demonstration of excellence in martial arts leadership
Coleen Gragen Award of Inspiration
For NWMAF members who have inspired others in the martial arts. This award was created in 2001 and formally named in 2002 to honor Professor Coleen Gragen.
- Minimum of 5 years of training
- Currently training and/or teaching
- NWMAF member for at least 5 years
- Current NWMAF member
Honors those whose contribution is foundational to the spirit and vision of the NWMAF, and who have given that contribution over a significant period of time.
- Contribution to the spirit and vision of NWMAF over an extended period of time